This banana bread recipe is actually super easy. I promise. Just remember that when dealing with banana bread you want the bananas that look like they are starting to turn. Most grocery stores can't/won't sell bananas in that condition. That means you will have to plan a little in advance and buy the bananas early so you can let them sit and turn brown.
- 4 ripe/brown bananas
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter (softened not melted)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
|Pro tip: Divide up your ingredients by steps to make it quicker.|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your pan(s).
- Mash bananas and set aside. There are a few ways to mash, but I find putting them in a plastic reseal bag and using your hands is quick, easy, and clean.
- Place brown sugar and butter in the bowl and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. This may take a minute or two.
|Notice the difference in consistency?|
- Add the mushed bananas and beat. The mixture will look soupy and that is okay.
- Add the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract and mix until blended.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt slowly. Make sure your mixer is on the lowest to second lowest setting. If you add too much or mix too fast you will make a mess. Once the batter is smooth you are good.
- Pour the batter into your pan(s) and cook for 40-60 minutes. If unsure, a knife in the center is a great way to check.
- Congrats. Once you pull it out of the oven, you are done!